This program is for drivers who already possess a valid Class A or Class B commercial driver's license and are looking to add the Passenger Endorsement to their license.
The curriculum standards of this course incorporate the curricular recommendations set forth by Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration's (FMCSA), new Entry-Level Driver Training (ELDT) rule; effective on March 21, 2017, which established new minimum training standards for certain individuals applying for their commercial driver's license (CDL) for the first time; an upgrade of their CDL (e.g., a Class B CDL holder seeking a Class A CDL); or a hazardous materials (H), passenger (P), or school bus (S) endorsement for the first time. These individuals are subject to the entry-level driver training (ELDT) requirements and must complete a prescribed program of instruction provided by an entity that is listed on FMCSA's Training Provider Registry (TPR).
The curriculum at NNCT includes both classroom and hands-on training behind the wheel of a commercial passenger bus vehicle. Upon graduation, students will have the necessary skills to become a professional commercial passenger bus vehicle operator.
NNCT instructors are qualified and experienced in the transportation industry. In the classroom, there are never more than 8 students per class. When training advances to actual driving on the range, the student-to-instructor ratio changes to 4-to-1, 1-to-1 on the Road and Highway. Students will have received actual behind-the-wheel instruction and practice at our range training facilities prior to highway driving.
The primary objective of this certificate program is to prepare students with the necessary skills to handle a commercial passenger bus vehicle in a safe and professional manner to sufficiently pass a state skills exam and become a licensed commercial driver. This objective will be met by providing a solid curriculum that includes hands-on and driving experience. Course content is a combination of classroom and behind-the-wheel instruction. Students will receive up to 40 hours of combined classroom, lab, range, and road driver training. Program objectives include; but are not limited to:
• Develop driving skills in maneuvering a commercial passenger bus vehicle as required by the industry and federal DOT regulations.
• Acquaint students with safety regulations and precautions throughout the training program.
• Introduce students to the current Department of Transportation laws and regulations and the new FMCSA Entry-Level Driver Training rule.
• Develop the proper attitude of responsible employees who will perform their duties in a manner that will be a credit to the trade and industry.
• Provide a general overview of the industry, how it functions and what to expect as new entry-level commercial drivers.
• Acquaint students with driving on public road and highways through applied experience maneuvering in various traffic conditions.
• Adopt an effective and detailed approach to driver records, and trip planning; including map reading, route selection, cargo restrictions, paper, and e-logs.
Applicants for this training program must possess a valid commercial driver's license. Applicants must also possess a current DOT physical card and provide a copy to the School.
Students are advised that the costs of the MVD Written Exam and State Administered Skills & Road Test Exam are not included with the tuition paid to the School, are NON REFUNDABLE, and are the sole responsibility of the student.
TRAINING HOURS - Monday through Thursday from 8am to 5pm (dependent on campus location). Off days, evening and weekend class sessions are subject to approval and availability of instructor and/or resources.
DORM STUDENT TRAINING HOURS - In addition to the normal scheduled hours, dorm students who stay on campus throughout their training will have a revised schedule allowing them to train through the "Special Scheduling" provisions and are subject to approval by the Chief Academic Officer.
Copyright © 2021 Native Nations CDL Training, LLC. - All Rights Reserved.
Site Design: Dream One Productions (505) 339-8506